Over the past few years, healthcare organizations have had to deal with populations living longer, patients demanding personalized care, and a pandemic that forced telehealth services onto provider’s daily tasks all while challenged with limited budgets. In addition, many healthcare organizations are struggling with retaining and finding skilled staff. Thankfully, companies such as HiLite Health offer a broad range of solutions that help automate basic backroom processes 24x7x365 regardless of staffing constraints without breaking the bank.
What keeps an organization from leveraging automation and technology is an inability to change its mindset, especially within revenue cycle operations that have remained status quo for decades. Successful practices help staff embrace the necessary changes for automation by demonstrating how it will free them up to work on more valuable tasks without feeling their jobs may be in jeopardy. It is important that administrators keep their teams informed of these changes and show them the benefits of driving more cash flow while increasing patient satisfaction. Automation along with staffing and processes will modernize and transform your practice
There are several ways you can help your healthcare organization embrace this change.
- Leverage data analytics to identify inefficiencies within your operations. Analytics can ensure your team is focusing on the most critical accounts that impact your cash flow. Analytics allows your team to focus on working smarter and not harder.
- You need to understand internal obstacles to innovation. Change is difficult for many and the fear of losing their job to automation will create barriers. A healthy culture helps workers feel appreciated. Open communication and transparency reminding your team that technology will free them to perform more complex and urgent tasks are key.
- It is important to set goals that are achievable and measurable. Can you reduce the AR that is 120 days old? Can you create a pre-collections process that educates patients that they do owe a balance and an easy way for patients to pay avoiding sending them to collections? Finally, have your team involved in determining where to make process improvements; make them part of your new automation process.
- Reevaluate your progress along the way and make modifications. Make sure you are always moving forward to avoid repeating outdated functions and past mistakes..
- Stay current and conduct research. Talk to others in your field and share this information with your team. Never stop learning.
HiLite Health has been helping healthcare organizations through the education and implementation of automation technologies. HiLite Health offers a comprehensive suite of healthcare digital business solutions for patient payments, telehealth, patient acquisition, patient experience, and more. HiLitePay offers a full-service patient financing platform, including credit card processing, patient financing, AR recovery services, debt collections, and call center services. You have the option to choose the solutions that integrate with your current workflow and integrate with all your existing systems.We work with your team to evaluate your goals and then customize a solution to improve efficiency, revenue, and patient satisfaction. To learn more about these affordable automation tools, please visit us at www.hilitehealth.com and www.hilitepay.com.